Just to clarify: Bibs = food. Mainly around London, as it’s the beautiful city where I am living at the moment. And Gigs, mainly because I love Live Music as much as I love my Nonna’s Lasagna, beers, colourful sunsets, big Loblollies and the Stay Puft dude from Ghostbusters!
What you won’t find in the Gigs section is:
- Negative reviews. And the same rule applies to the bibs one: If I don’t like it, I am not going to talk about it.
- A Justin Bieber’s gig review.
- Professional pictures – For 3 simple reasons: 1 – I am not a professional photographer; 2 – I rather use my hands to hold beers (even if a fiver for a pint served in a plastic glass is an absolute robbery); 3 – Taking thousands of pictures (which is the new hipster thing), as it is probably the rudest behaviour you can find during a concert. Even worse than nudity!
- Professional reviews: Because they are so fucking boring!
- The entire set list, unless I’m lucky enough to grab one directly from the band, or get invited (really unlikely) to an after show interview.
What you’ll be amazed to find is:
- Fun stories: Not a lot of things in life are better than a night out to a gig with your mates! What you’ll get is not just my feelings about the event but also what I am able to read in other people faces, especially if they’re either drunk or high.
- Shitty pictures and shittier videos.
- Some rude language and several synonyms of the word Boobs (like Loblollies for example).
- Some tips about the venues’ surrounding area in terms of food and drinks: Basically, if there are nice restaurants and cool pubs down the corner from the gig’s venue I’ll let you know about it. And I’ll also try to link some of the gigs reviews with the appropriate bibs ones.
Now, it’s Friday, and the sun is shining over London…. Let’s create the right atmosphere for the upcoming weekend….